We at Schooner Transport are conscious of our social responsibilities with regards to helping the environment through our working practices. Our objective is not only to sustain our environment for our descendants but also to rehabilitate the damage previously done. We believe that our corporate responsibility goes beyond our proprietary borders and therefore every effort will be made to conserve resources throughout our operations.
Schooner Transport will try to not only meet existing environmental laws and regulation, but will endeavour to go beyond the status quo and see techniques and approaches that position us ahead of our competition.
Growth of our company depends on our abilities to minimise or eliminate our impacts on our surroundings. Our ultimate success depends on the environment of the United Kingdom, without a beautiful country, our customers will cease to come. Our company’s future and the future of our environment are interconnected.
Following are our specific ideals:
Awareness and Commitment
Our policy towards the environment will be readily available and promoted to our guests. We will endeavour to ensure staff and guests are familiar with and implement our environmental commitment and objectives.
- Schooner Transport environmental policy will be available to view on our website.
- Schooner Transport environmental policy will be present in Drivers handbook.
- Schooner Transport environmental policy will be available in the Office Staff’s handbook.
Schooner Transport will endeavor to reduce the impact on the environment where ever possible with respect to transport.
- Seek and employ local products and services to reduce transport costs and carbon footprint.
- Schooner Transport will avoid unnecessary travel, and will use energy efficient vehicles and driving styles.
- Encourage the use of efficiency training applications.
- To eliminate unnecessary and inefficient use of Schooner Transport owned motor vehicles.
Energy & Water Consumption
Schooner Transport accepts a share of the world’s commitment to a reduction in carbon dioxide emissions both by attaining greater efficiency in total energy consumption and by continuing to examine the possibility of acquiring electricity from ‘green’ sources when finances permit, either through the purchase of ‘green’ electricity, or through an increased use of solar water heating, combined heat and power plants (CHP), or photo-voltaic.
- Schooner Transport will make every effort to use water efficiently and avoid pollutants entering the drainage system.
- Schooner Transport will use energy efficient products where ever practical, and monitor usage to achieve minimum energy consumption.
Waste Generation and Management
Schooner Transport will try to minimize the production of waste and pollution; including unnecessary packaging. Schooner Transport will implement measures to reduce the volume of waste generated and to increase the proportion of that waste which is recycled.
- Schooner Transport will look to compost organic waste.
- Schooner Transport has implemented four separated recycle bins for glass, paper, plastic, and cans/tins.
Spill and Contamination Management
Schooner Transport will try to minimize the incidents of waste and pollution; including unnecessary product spillage. Schooner Transport has implemented measures to handle any unforeseen incident and to coordinate proper clean up and reporting to the ministry of the environment.
Materials and Resources
Schooner Transport will try to minimize environmental impact with regard to sourcing materials and resources.
- Schooner Transport will avoid using materials which have an undesirable effect on the environment, and wherever possible use locally made recycled goods.
- Schooner Transport will try to use contractors who also share a commitment to the environment, and take into account lifetime costs of materials when repairing, altering or rebuilding premises.
- Schooner Transport will maximize use of electronic communication and information storage as an alternative to paper, and take into account the environmental quality and impact of food products and where possible to purchase food which has been grown locally.
Schooner Transport will help to protect and enhance natural habitats and wildlife, take appropriate opportunities to enhance them and be sensitive to landscape issues. Look to minimize impact on local wildlife, and to look for opportunities to work with the local community in caring for the local environment. Schooner Transport will endeavour to be aware of local planning developments and take appropriate action where these are potentially damaging to the environment.
Thank you for helping us to help the environment.